Restorative Practices, done right, has proven to be the key to improving Student-Teacher relationships, driving up engagement, building a respectful culture and enhancing teacher effectiveness. And here’s the kicker – it’s fantastic for reducing Teacher Stress too.
This workshop is designed to provide Teachers and School Leaders with a powerful understanding of Restorative Practices in order to:
- Generate long-term improvements in student behaviour… beyond the quick fix.
- Learn how to construct truly Restorative conversations and circles.
- Use the Restorative Questions with skill, confidence and poise.
- Dispel the myths of Restorative Practices being too soft and too time intensive.
- Connect practice inextricably to School and Personal Values.
- Achieve a critical understanding of human emotion including the influence of Shame on student behaviour.
- Confidently use Restorative Practices across the continuum from informal applications.
- Reflect on personal Teaching Practice using the Operation Domains (Social Discipline Window).
- Embed Restorative Practices as the fundamental platform for effective Teaching.
This workshop is targeted towards Teachers and School Leaders across Primary, Secondary & Special environments.
Adam Voigt is a proven successful Teacher & Principal in some of Australia’s toughest locations.
He has led Behaviour & Wellbeing across whole schools systems and has implemented change in schools as a Leader & a Professional Learning Consultant. Adam appears regularly in Australian media as an educational expert and is a voice for schools, parents and students when he does so.